It seems that even the coronavirus lockdown was not able to stop the German plug-in electric car market from growing in April, despite the fact that the overall market went down by 61%.
The total number of new passenger plug-in car registrations amounted to 10,253, which is 32% more than a year ago.
Because of the collapse of the market, the plug-in market share has almost reached 8.5% (the second-best result ever).
Most of the growth comes from plug-in hybrids:
- BEVs: 4,635 – down 3% at ≈3.84% market share
- PHEVs: 5,618 – up 87% at ≈4.65% market share
Plug-in electric car registrations in Germany – April 2020
New registrations year-to-date:
- BEVs: 30,610 – up 48% at ≈3.7% market share
- PHEVs: 32,037 – up 208% at ≈3.9% market share
- Total: 62,647 – up 102% at ≈7.6% market share
Sales of models/brands
In April, as well as YTD, the three top-selling plug-in models are: